Recorded 4th March 2018
This week the tech news has mostly been all about the Mobile World Congress, and it wasnâ€™t very exciting to be fair â€“ mostly seemed like a lot of people copying the â€œnotchâ€ they all made so much fun ofâ€¦
So for a bit of a different feel this week we are joined by the irrepressible and effervescent GazMaz from the MyMac show to take a look at the apparent â€œdisturbance in the forceâ€ caused by the â€œsuddenâ€ arrival of Vero, the appearance of Micro.blog, and a couple of other upstarts wanting to take on the might of Twitter, Instagram, Snap and Facebook.
Sorry some of the sound isnâ€™t as good as usual – we had some technical difficulties and went to Discord – but I donâ€™t think all our settings were as good as they could have been.
Listen to the show:
This and other episodes are available at:
On this weekâ€™s show:
- Vero: What to Know About the New App and its CEO â€“ Time
- The My Mac Skype Phone Number â€“ Skype +1 Area code 703-436-9501
- Horace Dediu estimates 2/3rds of all Apple devices are still in use â€“ Business Insider UK
- And on the same story â€“ Cult of Mac
- Apple, Tesla to Lead â€˜Edgeâ€™ Computing, Says Guggenheim â€“ Barronâ€™s
- Yes, I know, it was Larry Ellison, not Page…
Nemoâ€™s Hardware Store (45:41)
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
- Also a big SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we wouldnâ€™t have half the stories we actually do â€“ we thank you all for your contributions and engagement.
- You can always help us out with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a tiny kickback on anything you buy after using it.
- If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon or using the Pinecast Tips Jar (which accepts one off or regular donations)
- And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.