This week Essential Apple Slacker @Dougee (Andi J), digital forensics expert, joins us to talk about security, privacy, protecting yourself online, etc.
Also, of course, we take a look at the Apple and Tech stories of note from the last week or so, including Appleâ€™s China iCloud dilemma, painful problems at Apple Campus and more.
Listen to the show:
This and other episodes are available at:
On this weekâ€™s show:
- Apple to have to hand Chinese iCloud users data to a Chinese owned data companyâ€¦ and the repercussionsâ€¦ This is a bit of a rabbit hole.
- Uncle Tim says Apple doesnâ€™t follow other companies â€“ CNet
- Future Apple devices may have flexible â€˜sidewall displaysâ€™ â€“ Apple World Today
- Appleâ€™s New Spaceship Campus Has One Flaw â€“ and It Hurts. Some distracted staff are walking into glass panes designed to foster collaboration â€“ 9to5 Mac
- Stop Telling People Thereâ€™s a Dot in Your Gmail Address â€” It Doesnâ€™t Matter – Slate
- Unconventional Communications Framework â€“ Linked In or download my RTF of it from here
- Private Internet Access
- Fake Name Generator
- Brave Browser
- Amazon WorkspacesÂ â€“ turns out this isn’t “really” free, you get 2 months free then you have to pay.
- Macjim sends us
Dashlane – free for one device, $3.33 a month billed annually otherwise
- Simon is trying
LastPass – Free, Premium is $2 a month billed annually and a Family Plan for 6 licences is $4 a month billed annually
- And well worth a mention
RememBear Beta App Store/MacApp Store – Currently free
Nemoâ€™s Hardware Store (46:09)
- Get closer to your subjects than ever before with the DJI Osmo+, DJIâ€™s first handheld gimbal with an integrated zoom camera. A 7Ã— zoom, consisting of 3.5Ã— optical and 2Ã— digital lossless zoom â€“Â Â£518.92 UK / $559 USÂ â€“ Amazon
- A1 Studios Arizona
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
- Also a big SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we wouldnâ€™t have half the stories we actually do â€“ we thank you all for your contributions and engagement.
- You can always help us out with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a tiny kickback on anything you buy after using it.
- If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon or using the Pinecast Tips Jar (which accepts one off or regular donations)
- And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.