Recorded 7th January 2018
Loads of news this week, not least of all Meltdown and Spectre (Boo!). App Store is booming, new battery tech gets touted, old computers are worth a lot (to someone at least), Apple agree to just swap batteries for Â£25 if you want, Mark is sick and Simon is joined by Donny Yankellow of MyMac and Karl Madden of Mac&Forth to talk about it allâ€¦
Listen to the show:
This and other episodes are available at:
On this weekâ€™s show:
- Apple will replace your iPhone 6, 6s, or 7 battery for $29 even if itâ€™s not being throttled – BGR
- App Store and Play Store Mobile App Revenue Rose 35% in 2017 – Fortune
- Apple Says App Store Saw $890 Million During Holidays, $300 Million Sales On New Yearâ€™s Day – Redmond Pie
- Somebody Is Selling a Rare Working Version of One of Appleâ€™s First Computers on Ebay – Fortune
- This Inexpensive Battery Could Revolutionize the Clean Energy Industry – Futurism
- â€˜Smartâ€™ sunglasses from Vuzix work with Android and iOS, will debut at CES – Digital Trends
- Meltdown and Spectre are wakeup calls for the tech industry – Engadget
- Intel Says New Software Updates Make Computers â€˜Immuneâ€™ to Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerabilities – Clotheshorse
Nemoâ€™s Hardware Store (43:06)
- Macally Magnetic Suction Cup Phone Mount with Telescopic Arm
- Macally Ultra Slim USB Wired keyboard for Mac and PC
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
- Also a big SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we wouldnâ€™t have half the stories we actually do â€“ we thank you all for your contributions and engagement.
- You can always help us out with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a tiny kickback on anything you buy after using it.
- If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon or using the Pinecast Tips Jar (which accepts one off or regular donations)
- And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.