With WordPress LMS
plugins, you can build and manage online courses, just like any other eLearning platform. The ideal WordPress LMS plugins come with everything you require to conduct and grade quizzes, receive fees, and so on.
A virtual learning platform that is WordPress driven depends on the effectiveness of the plugins. These plugins are loaded with all the necessary features of an LMS, that your WordPress website might need. Thus enabling you to manage your online course directly from the WordPress dashboard.
Must haves of a WordPress LMS plugin:
While choosing an LMS WordPress plugin, the following things should be considered:
Features of a WordPress LMS plugin to look for:
- The number of good reviews the plugin has and/or the comments on each of its functionality, whether positive or negative.
- Ensure that the plugin creators update the software frequently so that it is compatible with the most recent release of WordPress.
- It is essential for you to check if the plugins you are choosing for your system, are compatible with the already existing tools on your site.
- Make sure the services you are looking for (monetizing the course or grading the quizzes) and the features of the plugins align with each other.
- Be it a cohort-based or self-paced learning format, do not forget to check if your plugin offers the format you are willing your learners to have.
- Make sure the LMS plugin you use is compatible with your level of technical expertise so it’s easier for you to create and manage courses, and communicate with students.
- Features that enable course creation with options for uploading various media, including videos, PDFs, links, and other content, and having a good course page builder is crucial for a WordPress LMS website. In that way, you can easily insert the course material into a template and press the “Publish” button.
- The course progress data that shows your students their progress, is a crucial way to maintain user motivation and serves as a small incentive.
- A feature to confirm the number of enrollments, and set and receive payments based on memberships are really helpful when it comes to managing a bunch of learners.
- Students take examinations and quizzes for a deep-rooted understanding of the content. Quizzes are frequently used in schools to identify who is eligible for a class, but they are also a fantastic way to set expectations for when the next section of the curriculum will be introduced. Therefore, the quizzing feature of a plugin is a great way to keep learners on track.
- Gradually increases the level of the study material, considering the progress of the learner.
- Features to generate student profiles and make communication amongst all the learners easier are a must-have in these plugins.
- Gamification and certifications are rewards that pop up every time a learner completes a task or after course completion. These badges and certifications are a better way of informing any trainee that they are doing well so far as compared to email confirmations.
- The availability of free plugins is great if you are just getting started with your LMS site. A number of suppliers offer inexpensive plugins for a range of integrations, including emails, social media, and bots, that further reduces the cost of maintaining your LMS website.
- Engage your students in meaningful discussions about lectures, tests, and solutions by giving them a forum to do so.
- A great technique to determine whether students comprehended the course information is through assignments. Streamlined options for assignment submission and setting a clear deadline are features of the perfect WordPress LMS plugin.
- Using an LMS WordPress plugin to automatically email students about their grades for assignments and test results proves to be a lot more helpful if your site has more than a handful of visitors and learners.
- And lastly, you must ensure that the LMS plugin you intend to use, can incorporate the payment gateway you use.
It is wiser to look over the features of the plugins and highlight the components you feel are most crucial for your online course website before you plunge into your account to get one for your site. Getting a plugin after thorough research will enable you to save some money as a lack of research might lead you to buy a plugin that for sure will be loaded with extraordinary features but not in alignment with your demands. So, the above-mentioned features might assist you a bit in getting a plugin that truly suits your requirements.