Recorded 3rd June 2018
Bad day to be recording a podcast really with WWDC being tomorrow… I don’t want to talk about it too much as by the time this is posted it will all be over. However as the elephant in the room we had to at least mention it!
Meanwhile Guy Serle (@Macparrot) and Roger Harmon (@gofortech) and I dug up a few other stories to mull over.
Why not come and join the Slack community? You can now just click on this Slackroom Link to sign up and join in the malarkey!
Listen to the show:
This and other episodes are available at:
iTunes | Overcast | Google Play | Direct Download | RSS | Pinecast
Essential Apple Recommended Services:
- 33mail.com â€“ Never give out your real email address online again.
- Sudo â€“ Get up to 9 free â€œavatarsâ€ with email addresses, phone numbers and more to mask your online identity.
- ProtonMail â€“ End to end encrypted, open source, based in Switzerland. Prices start from FREE… what more can you ask?
- ProtonVPN â€“ a VPN to go with it perhaps? Prices also starting from nothing!
- Fake Name Generator â€“ So much more than names! Create whole identities (for free) with all the information you could ever need.
- Pinecast â€“ a fabulous podcast hosting service with costs that start from nothing.
Essential Apple is not affiliated with or paid to promote any of these services… We recommend services that we use ourselves and feel are either unique or outstanding in their field, or in some cases are just the best value for money in our opinion.
On this week’s show:
- On Twitter as @gofortech
- Contributor and reviewer on MyMac.com
- Tucson MUG
- On Twitter as @Macparrot
- Co-host of the MyMac show
- Mac to the Future and Guy’s Daily Drive on YouTube
- Apple released iOS 11.4 and 10.13.4 â€“ Mac Stories
- and a day later betas for 11.4.1 and 10.13.5
- Itâ€™s time for Apple’s next act of courage: Kill the MacBook keyboard â€“ Mashable
- Microsoft and Apple helped build new braille display standard â€“ Engadget
- Appleâ€™s Star project could be an ARM-based touchscreen hybrid with LTE â€“ 9to5 Mac
- Apple plans to unlock more NFC abilities for four generations of iPhone â€“ Alphr
- Dark mode for macOS 10.14 and iOS 12? â€“ BGR
- Instapaper is temporarily unavailable for users in Europe â€“ The Verge
- How 5G is going to make smartphones ugly again â€“ BGR
- Googleâ€™s new machine-learning tools for its mail service can save you time and typos â€“ as long as you are comfortable sharing your thoughts with the software â€“ NY Times
- Full Cisco report on FBI reset your router story â€“ Talos Intelligence
JUST A SNIPPET
For things that are not worth more than a flypast
- Anchor â€“ The easiest way to start a podcast
- General Magic documentary details Apple spinoff that almost changed world â€“ Cult of Mac
WORTH-A-CHIRP / ESSENTIAL TIPS
- Cheap cables from Puridea â€“ â€œSix months free return and refund service, 12-month warranty and friendly customer service.â€
- Pack of 5x 1 metre â€“ Â£6.99 UK
- Pack of 3x 1m and 3x 7in â€“ Â£4.99 UK
Nemo’s Hardware Store
- It was Nemoâ€™s wife’s birthday this week and he’s been off enjoying holiday time with her â€“ so no store this week.
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
EssentialApple.com / Pinecast / Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / Slack
- Also a big SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we wouldn’t have half the stories we actually do â€“ we thank you all for your contributions and engagement.
- You can always help us out with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a tiny kickback on anything you buy after using it.
- If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon or using the Pinecast Tips Jar (which accepts one off or regular donations)
- And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.