Recorded 8th April 2018
This week… we have Mark Sealey the CEO of web development company MarkWorks. This is a man who has been involved with computers almost from the start – he’s written for the Financial Times, Guardian, Daily Telegraph and more. He’s been a contributor to MyMac, MacNN and ThinkSecret and been involved with RISC User, Archimedes World, Acorn Computing, Acorn User and MacFormat.
Remember you don’t need a special invite to join our Slack community any more, you can now just click on this bit.ly/EAP_Slack instead!
Listen to the show:
This and other episodes are available at:
On this week’s show:
- Sinclair ZX81
- BBC Micro
- Acorn Computers
- RISC OS
- Probably the best way to try RISC OS is to get the Raspberry Pi version from here
- Apple will reportedly ditch Intel chips in Macs as early as 2020 â€“ The Verge
- HP Envy x2 ARM Windows 10 â€œAlways Connected PCâ€ available to preorder â€“ The Verge
- AVID Sibelius
- SEE Finance
- Design Thinking
- Elon Musk says â€œDo you trust this computer?â€ â€“ CNet
- Watch it here It may no longer be free though…
WORTH-A-CHIRP / ESSENTIAL TIPS
- Nord VPN Special Offer for viewers to this YouTube channel. A very generous 77% discount on the 3 year subscription. That’s 6 devices for 3 years for $99… (Equivalent to $2.75 a month, which is just 46c per device per month!) If I wasn’t already signed up to Proton I would be very tempted by this. I don’t know how long the deal lasts so if you are interested go snap it up here
Nemo’s Hardware Store (xx:xx)
- No Hardware Store this week as Nemo is taking a break and bracing himself for a big truckload of new goodies to be delivered ready for next week.
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
- Also a big SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we wouldn’t have half the stories we actually do â€“ we thank you all for your contributions and engagement.
- You can always help us out with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a tiny kickback on anything you buy after using it.
- If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon or using the Pinecast Tips Jar (which accepts one off or regular donations)
- And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.