Joined on: June 17th, 2010
Tom is the senior Service Technician at FirstTech Computer, an Apple Specialist in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He's been taking care of and fixing Macs since the mid 1980's, and is an an advocate for Apple Specialists (http://www.applespecialist.com/) around the USA. He can be found on Twitter as @tomdar2.
Recent Posts by Tom Schmidt
- Confessions of a Macworld Rookie
- ifrogz EarPollution Reflex and Timbre Earbuds - Review
- Griffin SmartShare USB Hub - Review
- File Launching Enhancements
- iPod nano Case Family from Macally - Review
- Griffin iClear, Reflect, and Elan Form hard cases for iPod nano (3rd Generation) - Review
- Wi-Fire Long Range USB 2.0 802.11g Transceiver
- OWC Mercury PowerBook G4 SuperDrive
- Read This! Vote Now! Vote Often!
MyMac.com Help Desk #12
- We Do Windows For Free!
MyMac.com Help Desk #11
Recent Comments by Tom Schmidt
- "My MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008) is 3 1/2 years old. Not too long ago I upgraded it to 8 GB of RAM. I've been kicking around the idea of replacing " on Drunk On The Apple Kool-Aid
- "Rich - A bottleneck you might not be taking into account is the speed of the hard disk itself. It's unlikely that any hard disk can push data in &" on To USB 3, or Not to USB 3. That is the question.
- "To quote Mr. T: "You crazy, fool!"" on Is it time for Apple to consider Mac Clones again?
- "Rich - I'd recommend repeating the tests with a 7200 RPM drive. You might, if the 5400 RPM was the bottleneck, see a difference. Tom" on To USB 3 or not to USB 3. That is the question.
- "While cleaning out old emails today, I ran across the email exchange I had with Roger on my wife's passing mere days before he also passed away. Even " on Roger Born
- "That was fun. Let's do it again sometime. (late comment, I know)" on MyMac Podcast 304: New Macs and Irish Cacti