Joined on: June 2nd, 2010
Owen Rubin was one of the first people to program arcade video games for Atari a long time ago, and designed arcade video games for almost 15 years. He later joined Apple where he worked on both hardware and software projects, and was the key player on the MacLC, bootable CD, several pieces of Mac system software, as well as a contributor to many other CPU projects. He later worked for Pacific Bell to lead the design of services for the first commercial broadband system in the US, and then went on to be the lead researcher of broadband for Paul Allen's Interval Research. Since then, he has been an executive at a number of startups in security and semiconductors, and is currently the CTO of Edison Labs, a startup focusing on helping commercial clients write and develop mobile apps, especially for the iPhone, iPod, and iPad.
Recent Posts by Owen Rubin
- iStreamer for iPod, iPhone, iPad
- Kensington Product Showcase
- The Last Ink Cartridge I Will Ever Buy
- Think Different ... Or Not!
- Never Lost, But Often Confused
- A VERY Sad Day Indeed!
- On The Far End of an Anonymous Attack
- Intuit Raises Its Middle Finger to Mac Users
- Word 2011 for Mac
- Free Calls to Japan
Recent Comments by Owen Rubin
- "Thanks for the book review, but how sad that you did not notice that one of MyMac's former reviewers was covered quite a bit in that book. Namely, ME!" on ATARI Inc, Business is Fun – Book Review
- "Sorry Donny. I wish this had worked as well for you as for me. For on the fly ink, maybe you just need two sets, one ready to go, and the other in" on The Last Ink Cartridge I Will Ever Buy
- "Sorry sporkmeister, but you are wrong! Of course this is not going to tell you about bad CVs or a blown heater core, or mirrors that do not work, b" on Review – CarMD
- "Very good question Donny. I will ask. So far, this stuff has worked far better than anything I have ever used before. I have not tried it on my Canon " on The Last Ink Cartridge I Will Ever Buy
- "In general, I believe I agree with you Tim that they need to offer incentives to keep the team in place, but it is the amount that is the problem for " on Think Different … Or Not!
- "Thanks Mark. Because I reviewed all these navigators over a long period of time, some were over a few months ago, I did not get back to see new featur" on Never Lost, But Often Confused
- "Very nicely done Tim." on The Passing of a Legend
- "Thanks Mike. After reading this, I need to go get one! :-)" on Dexim Visual Green Charger Review
- "It worked. THANK YOU!" on On The Far End of an Anonymous Attack
- "A few other questions Mike: 1). Did you actually plug this into a Kill-o-watt or similar device to see if the current draw really does go to zero wh" on Dexim Visual Green Charger Review