Joined on: June 2nd, 2010
Larry Grinnell has been a Mac user since before there were Macs, first being exposed to his brother-in-law's Apple Lisa 7/7 office system, in 1982 or 1983. After a nine year stint in the US Air Force, he took an electronics technician job at Motorola, Inc., where he stayed for almost 27 years. In that time, he held additional diverse positions from manufacturing engineering technician to technical writing to print production consultant to department webmaster. Currently, he's the sole technical writer for a small communications/electronics firm in Davie, FL. He is a member of the MyMac.com writing staff, and recently completed a two-year stint writing a weekly Macintosh and Apple-oriented column for the Palm Beach Business website (http://www.pbbusiness.com). In his copious free time, he does layout and prepress work for the Grinnell Family Association's quarterly newsletter, and runs their website at http://www.grinnellfamily.org. He also serves on the board of directors for the Palm Beach Phoenix Apple User Group. His next big assignment is to perform the editing, layout, and prepress work for an all new Grinnell family genealogy, which promises to be roughly 2,000 pages in size. Publication date is tentatively scheduled for late 2012 or early 2013. He lives in Greenacres, FL. His two cats, Archie and Agnes, grudgingly permit him to share their home with him.
Recent Posts by Larry Grinnell
- Jaksta Deluxe - Review
- HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One - Review
- MobiKEY Classic 2 Remote Access Device Review
- Take Control of iTunes 10: The FAQ, Second Edition
- iHome iDM5 Wireless Keyboard—Not For Your Desktop Mac!
- Interesting, but Ultimately Flawed Audio Player
- 2012 Macworld | iWorld: Day 4 – Larry's Closing Remarks
- Macworld Expo 2012 - Day 3: Half Full or Half Empty?
- Day Two: The Show Opens
- Macworld | iWorld Day One
Recent Comments by Larry Grinnell
- "I know this is two months after the show was first posted, but hey, I just listened to it today. Just wanted to make a few comments about engineers at" on Made in ‘Merica
MyMac Podcast #433
- "Hi Curt. Thanks for picking up the fourth part of the Jaksta bundle review!" on Jaksta Music Miner – Review
- "Great reporting, Elisa! One thing though... Please get Guy's surname spelled correctly! I used that surname for 11 years and was very proud of it (ask" on Photographs From Macworld Expo / iWorld 2013 & Mel’s Diner
- "Great report, Guy. I really wanted to be there with y'all. Maybe next year." on IN-N-OUT Burger (A Review)
- "I don't know where I got that figure of 500 patents that Google is getting with the Motorola-Mobility acquisition. The actual figure is more like 17,0" on Brothers in Arms
MyMac Podcast #363