Recorded 6th May 2018
Mark is feeling under the weather again – although the weather here is decidedly pleasant for a change!
I am joined by Donny Yankellow to talk over this week’s news. Apple’s iPhone X is far from a flop, Apple had a record quarter raking in the cash hand over fist. Analysts were all way off… What Apple records about you; and whatever else we think of during the show.
Remember you don’t need a special invite to join our Slack community any more, you can now just click on this Slackroom Link instead!
Listen to the show:
This and other episodes are available at:
On this week’s show:
- Donny’s Books
- Donny’s Website
- Donny on iBooks (US only at the moment)
- Donny’s Sticker Packs
- Donny’s Junior Typer (Also US only)
- 5 big revelations from Apple’s surprising Q2 earnings call – Take this you snivelling curs of analysts, market predictors and general doomsayers – suck it up crybabies! – Cult of Mac
- iPhone X the world’s best-selling smartphone in Q1 – Strategy Analytics
- There’s an iPhone 7 Microphone Bug for Device on iOS 11.3 or Later – Mac Observer
- Here’s What Apple Knows About You (Spoiler: Not Much) – LifeHacker
- Apple: My request for all the data it had on me was eye-opening – USA Today
- How to keep using Time Machine without AirPort or Time Capsule – Cult of Mac
- Nice piece on the iMac Anniversary – 9to5 Mac
- Oh wow – we really are living in the future where SF is real… – You Tube
- Ten Star Trek technologies that actually came true – How Stuff Works
- RISC OS 5.24 released for Raspberry Pi – RISC Open
- Raspberry Pi Download
- Phone scam targets Apple customers – KMBC
IN THE NEWS
- Petition calls on Apple to recall & replace failing butterfly MacBook Pro keyboards – 9to5 Mac
WORTH-A-CHIRP / ESSENTIAL TIPS
- Vectornator Pro, the powerful vector graphic design software for iPad & iPhone is now free – 9to5Mac
- Autodesk Sketchbook – App Store
- VectorPaper+ – currently unavailable in the UK App Store (and quite likely no longer free in the US)
Nemo’s Hardware Store (41:50)
- Wiplabs Tac Pen – $29.99 Direct
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
- Also a big SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we wouldn’t have half the stories we actually do – we thank you all for your contributions and engagement.
- You can always help us out with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a tiny kickback on anything you buy after using it.
- If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon or using the Pinecast Tips Jar (which accepts one off or regular donations)
- And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.