This week Essential Apple Slacker @Dougee (Andi J), digital forensics expert, joins us to talk about security, privacy, protecting yourself online, etc.
Also, of course, we take a look at the Apple and Tech stories of note from the last week or so, including Apple’s China iCloud dilemma, painful problems at Apple Campus and more.
Listen to the show:
This and other episodes are available at:
On this week’s show:
- Apple to have to hand Chinese iCloud users data to a Chinese owned data company… and the repercussions… This is a bit of a rabbit hole.
- Uncle Tim says Apple doesn’t follow other companies – CNet
- Future Apple devices may have flexible ‘sidewall displays’ – Apple World Today
- Apple’s New Spaceship Campus Has One Flaw – and It Hurts. Some distracted staff are walking into glass panes designed to foster collaboration – 9to5 Mac
- Stop Telling People There’s a Dot in Your Gmail Address — It Doesn’t Matter – Slate
- Unconventional Communications Framework – Linked In or download my RTF of it from here
- Private Internet Access
- Fake Name Generator
- Brave Browser
- Amazon Workspaces – turns out this isn’t “really” free, you get 2 months free then you have to pay.
- Macjim sends us
Dashlane – free for one device, $3.33 a month billed annually otherwise
- Simon is trying
LastPass – Free, Premium is $2 a month billed annually and a Family Plan for 6 licences is $4 a month billed annually
- And well worth a mention
RememBear Beta App Store/MacApp Store – Currently free
Nemo’s Hardware Store (46:09)
- Get closer to your subjects than ever before with the DJI Osmo+, DJI’s first handheld gimbal with an integrated zoom camera. A 7× zoom, consisting of 3.5× optical and 2× digital lossless zoom – £518.92 UK / $559 US – Amazon
- A1 Studios Arizona
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
- Also a big SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we wouldn’t have half the stories we actually do – we thank you all for your contributions and engagement.
- You can always help us out with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a tiny kickback on anything you buy after using it.
- If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon or using the Pinecast Tips Jar (which accepts one off or regular donations)
- And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.